Saturday, October 4, 2014

Introduction

My name is Ashlie and I’m 24 years old. I’m a dreamer, a doer, an overachiever, and an optimist. I like to believe in happily ever afters, I love tutus, traveling, all things sparkly, all things neon, and dancing in the rain. I put the glad in GLADiator and the fun in dysFUNctional, but honestly it kind of works for me.

I'm just trying to live my life and bring happiness to this crazy, messed-up world we live in, but of course life is never simple or easy. I have disease ravaging my body which is currently kind-of putting a damper on my plans. Lucky me has won the autoimmune disease lottery and I have lupus, sjogren’s syndrome, celiac disease and an autoimmune thyroid disease. Despite all of this, I’ve caught the running fever and I’m training for my first half marathon.

This is my journey through the world of uncertainty and unknowns as I battle lupus and whatever else throws my way while training for the Disney Princess Half (and whatever other races I decide to conquer).

No comments:

Post a Comment